Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Stamp of the Month - It's the Little Things

It's the first day of a new month and with it comes a brand new Stamp of the Month to showcase. While today's project maybe all pink & pretty it still follows on from the Christmas themed posts of the past few weeks...how? you ask?...well, this time around I'm not creating Christmas cards or decorations but making personalised gifts for the special people in my life....and what could be better than unique "one of a kind" Mini Albums. Close To My Heart's Hip Pic Albums are raw kraft chipboard style albums with 16 blank pocket pages... perfect for customising to suit the personality of the recipient....and this month's Stamp of the Month has an array of floral images, ideal for decorating these type of projects.

This was such a fun stamp set to "play" with...I simply chose my favourite Ink Colours and randomly stamped the floral images over sheets of White Daisy Cardstock Then one at a time I cut out each image. I did this while sitting back watching a movie with my husband...love my telly time but I can't sit idle. Although some of the images are quite small, my Micro-Tip Scissors make the job so easy and allow me to cut in and around all those intricate little areas. Next I added embellishments to the centre of each flower...choosing a mixture of Flamingo Dots, Black Epoxy Bubbles and Bitty Sparkles and then layered some of the smaller images onto the larger ones. The leaf images were also hand cut and then layered onto some other leaves cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection. I cut these leaves from Sweet Leaf Cardstock and then randomly stamped Pear Ink all over the top using the rose image from the Pick a Posey stamp...this added some depth & texture. This rose image is a fantastic way to add background texture to small areas. After everything was cut and layered it was just a matter of arranging the stamped images onto the cover of my album. I thought this album would be a great little book to place those one-off candid snap shots that don't have a home in larger album projects.

Here is a little peek at some of the pages...I have decided to follow the same pink & black colour scheme throughout the whole album... and embellish each page with more floral images found in November's Stamp of the Month...I'm a fan of consistency LOL! I have also added some of the metal charms from the Wanderful Assortment - these charms have great captions such as "snap-shots", "laugh" and "explore"...and sort of became the "icing on my cake"!




When you place an order of $75 or more in Close To My Heart products here in my Online Shop you can purchase this D-size stamp It's the Little Things set valued at $27 for just $5 — that’s over 70% off retail! ( available for one month only ) and with 15 images that is amazing value for money!

If you have stopped by blog today to follow my art work or simply stumbled here by accident I would so "love" you to leave a comment...it would really make my day!

1 comment:

Adeline E. Brill said...

What a fabulous project. I love the color combination you have selected. Pretty in Pink!