Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Flower Tutorial

I did promise in a previous post that I would share some paper craft tutorials in response to a number of email requests....and here, today is the first of these tutorials. We have been making these floral creations in my card making classes recently and the participants are finding them very addictive and lots of fun. I hope you enjoy making them too!

 
...as you are creating your flower, you will notice changes in the Cardstock - once wet the paper fibres open up and the Cardstock becomes a little "fluffy" and when it dries it becomes very firm and stiff  - it's a bit like magic!
 
Don't be afraid to experiment with different Ink colours and flower shapes. The Close To My Heart Cricut Collections have some wonderful flower shapes to choose from... explore the contents of each cartridge and you will soon find yourself creating your very own garden of floral treasures.You can even make some three dimensional leaves using the same technique - first score some lines into the leaf shape using a Bone Folder then randomly add different shades of green ink with your daubers. These are a few more combinations that may inspire you....remember the more shapes you use, the fuller your flower will be....and the Base & Bling Jewels are the perfect finishing touch for the centre of your flowers.
 
 
 I'd love my monthly card kit ladies to leave a comment below and let me know how you went creating the flower for this month's friendship card.....just click on the comment link under my signature - have a great weekend building your flower gardens!


5 comments:

Papercrafting with Doreen said...

Thank you for sharing this technique, Chris! I am going to give it a go when I can get back to my crafting space.

Unknown said...

wow these are amazing...I am having so much fun with flowers

Unknown said...

wow these are amazing...I am having so much fun with flowers

Unknown said...

Thank you, Chris! These are gorgeous. So much easier than I would have thought. I felt nervous about wetting the cardstock, but it worked just like you said.

Veronica said...

Great instructions! I just made my first flower using this technique and I know I'll be making many more :)